Sojourn Mortgage is conveniently located in West Hartford and services the lending needs of clients throughout Connecticut.
Paula Mercier is an award-winning Certified Mortgage Planning Specialist (CMPS) and the founder of Sojourn Mortgage Company. She has over 25 years of experience in the mortgage financing industry and has received the 5-Star Award for excellence as a Mortgage Broker 12 years in a row, which is published annually in Connecticut Magazine.
Personalized customer service is our hallmark.
The goal of Sojourn Mortgage is to deliver such high-quality service that clients will want to recommend us to their friends, family, business associates, and others.
Paula’s commitment to her business and clientele is a reflection on how passionate she is for her work. Paula explains, “I still love this business and have had the same clients for over 25 years. I have a very good reputation in the community and work hard to keep it that way.”
As a leader in her field, Paula’s integrity and dedication to her clients is what sets Sojourn Mortgage apart from others. With a highly ethical approach, our clients know that their best interests will be protected throughout the loan process with their goals in mind. While our approach is comfortable, our actions are always professional and precise.
We believe in keeping you in the loop every step of the way so you always know what is happening with your loan.
Sojourn Mortgage is here to make the journey easier for you.
Education & Certification
- Graduate of Hall High School, West Hartford
- Certified Licensed Mortgage Expert
- Certified Mortgage Planning Specialist (CMPS)
Professional & Community Involvement
- National Association of Mortgage Brokers
- National Association of Professional Woman
- Five-Star Mortgage Professionals
- Real Estate Investor
- Residential Real Estate Group
- Consumer Direct Marketing Group; Team in Training
- Member, Greater Newington Charitable Society
- Member, BPOE Elks
Awards & Honors
Five-Star Professional: Annual Award Winner Since 2005
Beyond her career in the mortgage industry, Paula dedicates much of her time to her grown children and to the many charitable organizations with which she is involved.
- She has been running to raise awareness and funds for breast cancer research for years.
- She also volunteers with Team in Training, an organization that raises awareness and donations for cancers of the blood.
- She is a member of the Greater Newington Charitable Society, which supports at-risk youth, our military veterans and encourages volunteerism.